Deens Academy, has the responsibility to maintain an educational environment conducive to academic and vocational achievement. The School recognizes that the use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs may interfere with students educational goals and will also interfere with the education environment in the campus. Therefore, Deens Academy has a stringent policy governing the use of alcohol, cigarettes and other drugs. The purchase, possession, use, consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drug is prohibited on all the campuses and at all School sponsored student events, conferences and activities. The said policy is applicable to all students of the organisation.
Students, as per this policy, are required to adhere strictly the specific norms as stated below. This policy is a part and parcel of the rules and regulations of the organisation.
- The purchase, possession, use, consumption, sale, distribution or storage of cigarettes, any alcoholic beverage, controlled substance or illegal drug is prohibited on or off campus. This prohibition extends for the student until he is a bonafide student of this School. This is applicable to a student found actively or passively, or being part of a conspiracy to promote such activities amongst other students/adults
- If any student of Deens Academy, is found under the influence / possession / distributing of alcohol / drugs or in possession of illegal / banned drugs / substances or if found distributing the same or is caught smoking cigarettes in the campus or outside, as long as he/she is a student of Deens; the matter will be immediately referred to the School Child Protection Committee, whose findings will be binding and irrevocable even if it means expulsion of the student from the rolls of the School. An Undertaking to this effect shall be submitted by the students and their parents at the time of admission, Annexure – 1. Such Undertaking shall also be provided by all existing students and their parents.
- Under suspicious circumstances, the students may be tested at random for substance abuse at any point of time on campus or after school’s working hours too.
- Students may be asked by the School to submit the drug / alcohol test report at regular interval of time.
- Students involved in accidents can be asked to submit the drug / alcohol test report