Transport Policies and Safety Regulations
- The bus facility is available for those who require it for a safe journey to school and back.
- Children shall adhere strictly to the set guidelines.
- Maintain discipline on the bus so that the bus driver’s attention is not distracted.
- Be at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is due to arrive. The bus will not wait for late comers.
- Do not jump onto or off a moving bus.
- Never stand or walk in front or behind a stationary bus.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus unless it has made a complete stop. Do not run to the bus, walk in a queue instead.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting in the bus is strictly prohibited. Courteous behaviour is expected at all time.
- The staff on the bus is authorised to monitor student behaviour.
Notes for Parents
- Bus routes and bus stops once designated, will not be changed. If you need a change of bus route/stop, do send a mail to the Director Facilities at email@example.com.
- If the bus stop is on an existing route, the change can be made subject to availability of seat. If the detour of the bus causes inconvenience to the route, the change will not be possible.
- Matrons will not drop or pick up children from the doorstep as they are needed on the bus.
- Parents are requested to notify the transport department/front office in case they do not require transport for that particular day. To ensure that the change is implemented, please notify the school reception accordingly.
- Kindergarten: before 10:30am
- Grade 1 and above: before 1:00pm
- Do not leave a message with the bus driver or matron. Please cooperate with the transport department in this regard to avoid inconvenience to either party or child.
- If you would like your child to return home on his/her own from the bus stop, a written letter should be given to the Transport Coordinator.
- No special recommendations will be entertained for change in bus timings.
- During school vacations/holidays transport will not be provided to students participating in camps at school.
- Students who take coaching classes or have been detained in school for extra classes will not be provided with the transport facility before and after school hours.
- Parents are requested not to give any tips in terms of cash or kind to the bus drivers / bus boys and matrons.
- Parents should refrain from calling the bus drivers while they are driving.
Absence of Parents / Guardian
- The policy of the school is to bring the child back to school in case the parent or guardian fails to be present at the drop point to collect the child,within the designated time.
- The bus will not wait at the bus stop for more than two (2) minutes. The child will be brought back to school, thereafter. The parents will have to collect the child from the school.
- If the child is being picked up by anyone other than the parents, the designated person(s) should display the Parents ID Card to the Transport Team before picking the child up from the bus. Please inform the Transport Coordinator in advance about the same. The request must be in a written format – mail or note.
- In case the road or by lane leading to the pickup or drop point is blocked or under repair, the parents or guardians are requested to pick or drop their child at the main road.