School safety is the responsibility of everyone – staff, students and parents. The School has procedures in place to ensure that the physical environment of the school is safe.
There is only a single access point of entrance for visitors, which is monitored.
Visitors’ policy requires every visitor to sign in or show proper identification or wear ID tags.
The campus is under close circuit camera surveillance.
Parents are requested to carry their ID cards, issued by the School, whenever they visit the school. Kindly ensure that this ID card is updated every academic session. This card has to be surrendered when the child is withdrawn from school.
Parents and visitors may not enter academic buildings, unless they have been authorised to do so by the Principal. Staff/ Security have to right to question their presence in any part of the campus.
Parents/visitors are not permitted to take photographs or use their mobile phones on the campus, unless they have permission from the principal to do so.
Students are requested to adhere to the following guidelines to help prevent injuries:
- If you must walk through parked traffic, stop and look carefully before stepping out from between vehicles.
- Keep in mind the danger areas around school buses where the driver can’t see you.
- Don’t run between parked cars and buses.
- Older children should always be aware of younger children and assist them when required.
- No bicycles, tricycles or skates are allowed in the corridor.
- Use play equipment like swings and slides appropriately, awaiting your turn.
- Refrain from running down staircases or through corridors and also from sliding down banisters.
- Refrain from seating yourself on ledges or parapets.
- Do not step out of the campus without permission and do not speak to or accept anything from strangers.
- Contact the nurse in case of an injury.
- Contact the class teacher for any assistance.
The School is fitted with fire extinguishers at all appropriate points. Fire drills are rehearsed at regular intervals by students and staff. Details of contact persons in case of emergency is posted on corridors of every floor.
IN AN EMERGENCY
Students are safe in the school. Parents are requested to await communication from the School before clogging phone lines or reaching the school. The School will enlist assistance of parents if there is a need for the same during these situations. Parent volunteers are requested to be on call in these situations and reach the school at their earliest.
The Vice Principal and Headmistress are authorised , in an emergency, to take decisions for quick action.
A vehicle is always available at the premises for use during emergencies.
EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSURE PROCEDURE
If the school needs to be closed for an emergency, parents will be informed through mail/ message on watsapp (which exist). You are requested to support the school by networking during such times with parents of others students. A notice will also be uploaded on the ERP circular board and will run on the home page of the School’s website.
The medically equipped infirmary is manned by a full time nurse who takes care of any minor health issues. The nurse administers first aid, checks the child who has been brought in and informs the parents if needed. The school will not undertake to transport a hurt child to a doctor / hospital unless the nature of the injury is grievous. If your child requires medication during school hours, please send in a written request to the nurse along with the medicines that need to be administered.